Friday 7 October 2011

Modern Missus

So - not long in from work to find a lovely package on the mat -
 Oh, we love these don't we?
It was my recent win from Little Island Quilting, courtesy of Cotton Blossom Farm in Mississippi! What a small world this is.
and inside?
21.......yes, 21 fat quarters od Veranda by Amanda Murphy for Robert Kaufman.- I am just so thrilled to have won such a great prize and this really boosts my growing love for the modern fabrics we are becoming surrounded by.Now I just have to think of a nice, new project. Thanks again to Alison for hosting the giveaway - (I think Alison is my lucky charm as she was also my very first swap partner in the 1st Brit Quilt Swap)..and of course, thanks to Cathy from Cotton Blossom Farm for her generosity.

Earlier this week I got going on my first baby quilt for the coming grandbaby - I am going to make a couple to cover pink and blue baby options and let my daughter choose.
So my first cutting was done on this.........
This is part of my stash of 1001 Peeps by Lizzy House and this is the dusk palette, I love it but think it might be the girly option. This range reminds me of Aladdin which was my daughter's favourite Disney film when she was a wee girl. I have designed my quilt on EQ6 and will keep you posted on its progress.

And. still on baby stuff, daughter asked me this week if I would make a "taggie" for her friend's baby, Lily.
Didn't take long to do, made from scraps of fleece and ribbons...............
Lastly, I got another couple og hexies made last night - my hexie mojo was a bit dented last month - my classes had all started back and time was a bit limited for me.Am now settling back into a routine and happy to hex again....
Have a great weekend everyone.







9 comments:

  1. Oh lovely mail - I had some today too!
    I love the Peeps, going to make my DUO Christmas QAL with it as it reminds me of Panto!

    Happy weekend to you too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great fabrics Sheila! I too am about to make a quilt from the blue peeps for my cousin`s baby arriving next month. It feels very 1001 nights to me and thought it would be a nice reminder that I first met the baby`s mother when they visited here. Can`t wait to see what you do and I`ll half close my eyes when you reveal the design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what gorgeous fabrics you won - lucky you! Love the peeps and looking forward to seeing the finished article

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, lucky girl with the win! Loving the look of those Peeps, can't wait to see how they turn out, and what forward planning to have a range to choose from!

    Have a fab weekend :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so nice that you won that wonderful fabric! I think that your quilt will be great fun with that fabric, I bet that she is going to want both quilts for the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely fabric Sheila, congratulations. Love the Peeps fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a great win! And I love that you are making several quilts and letting your daughter choose. You are going to be such a fab grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the win. Those fat quarters are lovey!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...