Saturday 15 April 2017

All Change

Well, it's almost exactly a year since I retired from my classes, how quickly those twelve months have flown by.
As so many of you know, while I taught class, I introduced my lovely ladies to the wonders of Aurifil thread and became a small time retailer of said thread.........
I so wanted to continue selling and wanted to try online sales so after much research found a platform and opened up a small online presence - I have enjoyed moderate sales this way whilst continuing with my real life customers that I see in my day to day quilting life here in Ayrshire.

I sort of gave myself a year of trying the online thing but have reluctantly decided to cancel my subscription to the shop and here are the two main reasons - I think my online Aurifil customers know their colours, are perhaps regular neutral users, I rarely sell "colours", so tricky to choose unless you know your particular shade, do you agree?
and the second reason? I just can't keep the P&P to rock bottom on 1 large spool. In its wisdom the UK Post Office has designated this one small product as a small parcel and basically it costs the same as a shoe box full, so frustrating.....

So to my lovely online customers I am truly sorry, but I will still be stocking Aurifil - and will do my best to accommodate your thread wishes, all you need to do is email me, or DM me on Instagram and I'll do my best for you.

For everyone else that knows me I shall turn up like a bad penny at any quilty event in Ayrshire that you can think of..............wouldn't want you running out of your favourite thread.

3 comments:

  1. How frustrating for you Sheila sometimes postal charges make no sense at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neutral thread all the way for piecing (pale grey, white cream and occasionally black) - I would only use coloured thread if dressmaking.
    This makes me wonder why I have so many coloured threads !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh a whole year! That did go fast!
    Best of luck with local sales of the thread.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...